CASE STUDY: CLOUDSTACK CONTROL PANEL
Metclouds partnered with an international IT company to provide services to a hosting company in Hong Kong.
The customer provided cloud-based hosting solution for their end clients who could utilize unlimited server instances based on their dynamic requirements. The customer required an Apache Cloudstack based solution that could enable their end clients to access their control panel to manage their cloud server instances and server resources.
Metclouds performed the following as part of this engagement
- Conducted detailed requirements gathering exercise
- Designed a single user panel control for end clients that enabled the creation and management of server instances and resources.
- Designed a single administration panel control for internal stakeholders that provided details on end clients, their servers and corresponding resource utilization.
- Designed a billing module to automate the server instance billing and invoice generation for each end client. The generated invoices are sent to user’s email ids at the end of each month.
- Designed the required API for integrating the overall solution with the Kayako ticketing tool.
- Created functional and technical specification design documents
- Developed and tested the system.
The customer built a single interface to their end clients to log in and manage their resource requirements and elimination of manual effort for billing systems.
- By leveraging the global delivery model, Metclouds has helped the customer to reduce development costs by 59%.
- CloudStack API
- Kayako API